Hi,
I have been testing Postgresql on 7.0 RH Linux but ultimately want to install on 7.2 RH Linux.
Can you recommend the appropriate packages I need to download and can you possibly give me a heads up on installation technique? I am new to Postgresql and Linux but have extensive Unix experience. Also I am looking to install and configure JDBC drivers because I will be developing mostly Java application code.

Any help at all in giving me a clear direction
would really be appreciated.

I have been on the www.postgresql.org web site and learned alot but did not see anything regarding RH 7.2 Linux.

Thanks for helping me out.

Sean Duffy
sean.duffy@programmer.net

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

  • Lamar Owen at Dec 10, 2001 at 5:27 pm

    I have been testing Postgresql on 7.0 RH Linux but ultimately want to
    install on 7.2 RH Linux. Can you recommend the appropriate packages I need
    to download and can you possibly give me a heads up on installation
    technique? I am new to Postgresql and Linux but have extensive Unix
    RedHat 7.2 comes with PostgreSQL 7.1.3. When installing RH 7.2, select the
    PostgreSQL packages. Or you can install them later -- they're on CD #2,
    IIRC. You need postgresql, postgresql-libs, and postgresql-server at minimum
    for a server machine.
    --
    Lamar Owen
    WGCR Internet Radio