I've searched several faqs and news groups, tried using different
./configure options. Tried tweaking src/Makefile.shlib as discribed in
several usenet posts that I've found on dejanews.com. I've tried
following the instructions in the SCO specific faq and I can't get past
the following error message:

"fd.c", line 286: error: undefined symbol: NOFILE

I'm wondering if there are any fixes\patches\hacks that work reliably,
since I can't seem to find anything that works, or interpret and
implement what I've read into something that works. If any one was any
"definitive" instructions, or perhaps can give a more complete
description of what the problem is and what needs to be done to solve
it, perhaps a "to-do list". Although I haven't looked at the code yet I
did see a couple of people mention that they tweaked fd.c, however I
couldn't find any listings of what the tweaked.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I don't know if anyone has volunteered
their SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 as a guinea pig, but I'm open to that as an
option.

Thank you in advance,
Levi Senft

Search Discussions

  • Roberto Fichera at Nov 23, 2001 at 1:47 pm

[...]

    I've modified the include/port/sco.h with

    #ifndef NOFILE
    #define NOFILE NOFILES_MIN
    #endif

    Roberto Fichera.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 23, '01 at 7:38a
activeNov 23, '01 at 1:47p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Roberto Fichera: 1 post Levi Senft: 1 post