Dear Postgres team:

I installed everything fine, initdb worked also. When I invoked
postmaster, I get the
following error"

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region

My machine is as follows and I use gnu:

SunOS mbaccar 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

Please let me know if you need further info,

Thanks
M. Baccar

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Nov 1, 2001 at 3:33 pm

    tclwrap writes:
    IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
    size=1073152, permission=600
    FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region
    Read the documentation, where this sort of problem is discussed at
    length. Also, consider updating to something newer than 6.5.3.
    7.1.3 is the current release, and 7.2 is in beta.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 1, '01 at 8:00a