Hello, we are trying to port Postgresql into an embedded environment
on a MIPS chip, and cross compiling on Linux 2.4 on Intel x86.
The compiler crashes in:

make[3]: Entering directory `postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend/access/heap'
mips-linux-gcc -O2 -mips1 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include -c -o heapam.o
heapam.c
heapam.c: In function `heap_update':
heapam.c:1799: Internal compiler error in move_by_pieces_ninsns, at
expr.c:1544
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if
appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [heapam.o] Error 1

Of course we will try the vendor supplying the compiler and the gcc page
above, but wondered if anyone had a hint. The compiler identifies itself
as "3.0" from "SiByte". Thanks.

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 27, '01 at 12:47a