Hullo,

When I install/upgrade the PostgreSQL RPM's, all of them work fine
except postgresql-python. It complains about an unsatisfied dependency:
no "mx". However, I have installed the RPM for egenix-mx-base... Is
there some other mx that I should be using? Or does the RPM spec file
need to be fixed at your end?

If anyone on this list is using the postgresql-python RPM, and has
satisfied the dependency the right way, could you do "rpm -qi mx" to
tell me where you got it?

(Apparently overriding the dependency with a --nodeps works okay, but
I'd like to avoid that if possible.)

Thanx.

P.S. If I recall correctly, I noticed this problem with the previous
release (7.1.2) and it appears to be the same in 7.1.3.
--
Kevin Cole, RHCE, Linux Admin | E-mail: kjcole@gri.gallaudet.edu
Gallaudet Research Institute | WWW: http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

Search Discussions

  • Lamar Owen at Oct 24, 2001 at 10:04 pm

    When I install/upgrade the PostgreSQL RPM's, all of them work fine
    except postgresql-python. It complains about an unsatisfied dependency:
    no "mx". However, I have installed the RPM for egenix-mx-base... Is
    there some other mx that I should be using? Or does the RPM spec file
    need to be fixed at your end?
    Hmmmmm......
    If anyone on this list is using the postgresql-python RPM, and has
    satisfied the dependency the right way, could you do "rpm -qi mx" to
    tell me where you got it?
    Name : mx Relocations: (not relocateable)
    Version : 2.0.1 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
    Release : 1 Build Date: Mon 25 Jun 2001
    01:10:02 AM EDT
    Install date: Mon 17 Sep 2001 06:14:35 PM EDT Build Host:
    porky.devel.redhat.com
    Group : Development/Libraries Source RPM: mx-2.0.1-1.src.rpm
    Size : 2617141 License: eGenix.com Public
    License (Python)
    Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
    Description :
    The mx extensions for Python are a collection of Python software tools
    which enhance Python's usability in many areas.

    Hot off the Red Hat 7.2 presses.
    (Apparently overriding the dependency with a --nodeps works okay, but
    I'd like to avoid that if possible.)
    The dependency is currently declared by name. Can you do a quick
    rpm -q --provides
    for the egenix-mx-base package and mail me the results?

    It seems to be the same package with a different name -- an unfortunate
    condition.
    --
    Lamar Owen
    WGCR Internet Radio

    mxBeeBase.so
    mxDateTime.so
    mxProxy.so
    mxQueue.so
    mxStack.so
    mxTextTools.so
    mxTools.so
    xmap.so
    egenix-mx-base = 2.0.1-1

    Below is a slightly re-arranged "rpm -qi egenix-mx-base". (Arranged for
    readability on an 80-character-wide console.)

    Name : egenix-mx-base
    Version : 2.0.1
    Release : 1
    Build Host : degas.lemburg.com
    Build Date : Fri Apr 27 15:22:51 2001
    Install date: Thu May 24 15:41:56 2001
    Group : Development/Libraries
    Source RPM : egenix-mx-base-2.0.1-1.src.rpm
    Size : 3296628
    Relocations : /usr
    Packager : Marc-Andre Lemburg <mal@egenix.com>
    Description :

    The eGenix mx Extension Series are a collection of Python extensions
    written in ANSI C and Python which provide a large spectrum of useful
    additions to everyday Python programming.

    The BASE package includes the Open Source subpackages of the series and
    is needed by all other add-on packages of the series.

    This software is brought to you by eGenix.com and distributed under the
    eGenix.com Public License.
[...]

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 19, '01 at 3:01p