I attempted to post about this problem to list a few days ago but my
message was rejected due to a MIME header length restriction (according
to Marc Fournier).

My first post regarding this problem was to the Cygwin list. The symptom
is that postmaster fails to startup correctly and exits with the following
error message:

0 [main] postmaster 1580 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: base address fails to match requested address 0x7030000
C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
Startup failed - abort

The whole thread can be found at the following:

Thanks to Yutaka tanida, I was able to forward a very simple test that
should enable one of the core Cygwin developers to (hopefully) quickly
debug this problem. See the following, if interested:

My guess is that once this problem is successfully debugged and fixed,
Cygwin 1.1.9 should appear shortly thereafter. Until then, the temporary
solution is to downgrade to Cygwin 1.1.7.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235

Search Discussions

  • Jason Tishler at Feb 5, 2001 at 1:58 pm

    My first post regarding this problem was to the Cygwin list. The symptom
    is that postmaster fails to startup correctly and exits with the following
    error message:

    0 [main] postmaster 1580 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: base address fails to match requested address 0x7030000
    C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
    Startup failed - abort
    The above problem has been fixed in the latest Cygwin CVS. So the
    options are to use Cygwin CVS or continue to use Cygwin 1.1.7 until the
    next release is cut. Note that I was mistaken about the next Cygwin
    release number -- it will be 1.3.0 not 1.1.9.

    Jason

    --
    Jason Tishler
    Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
    Dot Hill Systems Corp. Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
    82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
    Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql