Hi

Is there somebody who uses libpq with Visual C++ 6

How to build libpq.dll ?

Note that I can't use the ODBC driver because I want to use the pgsql's geometric types.

Thanks for your response

Teddy Turmeaux

Search Discussions

  • Magnus Hagander at Jan 18, 2001 at 11:25 am

    Hi

    Is there somebody who uses libpq with Visual C++ 6

    How to build libpq.dll ?
    cd into "src\interfaces\libpq" and run "nmake /f win32.mak". If you run
    "nmake /f win32.mak" in the root directory, you will get both libpq and
    psql.exe.

    For more details, check
    http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/admin/install-win32.htm

    //Magnus
  • Gerhard Häring at Jan 19, 2001 at 12:36 pm
    This does not work for me. I have built like this, but get 'host not
    found' errors on the connect method. Even for IP numbers. Is this a
    known bug? Any hints?

    Perhaps you can try this, Teddy, and report back if it works for you.

    Gerhard

    --
    Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
    contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e

    //Magnus

    Magnus Hagander wrote:
    Hi

    Is there somebody who uses libpq with Visual C++ 6

    How to build libpq.dll ?
    cd into "src\interfaces\libpq" and run "nmake /f
    win32.mak". If you run
    "nmake /f win32.mak" in the root directory, you will get
    both libpq and
    psql.exe.

    For more details, check
    http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/admin/install-win32.htm
    //Magnus
    --
    Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
    contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e
    web: http://highqualdev.com

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql