Hello,

Some people experienced the problem (including me) that the '/etc/passwd'
file was not found. What do I need to do? Is there somewhere a site which
gives step-by-step instructions what to do?
Searching the net did not help much, so I'll try it via the list.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter
CBU - Physics and Chemistry Student

Search Discussions

  • Pete Forman at Jan 18, 2001 at 11:34 am

    Stephan Richter writes:
    Some people experienced the problem (including me) that the
    '/etc/passwd' file was not found. What do I need to do? Is there
    somewhere a site which gives step-by-step instructions what to do?
    You need to run mkpasswd (and mkgroup). Here's one URL that explains
    it.

    www.redhat.com/support/manuals/gnupro99r1/6_embed/embmkpasswd.html

    --
    Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
    WesternGeco -./\.- by myself and does not represent

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 17, '01 at 5:38p
activeJan 18, '01 at 11:34a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Pete Forman: 1 post Stephan Richter: 1 post