Dear Sir/Madam:
According to Platform-specific FAQ's, I install PostgreSQL
V7.0.3 in Windows NT4.0 Server.
Before doing that, I installed cygwin and cygipc, they are the latest
version. After running "ipc-daemon &",
I run "./configure", it's OK! But when I run "make", there are several
errors. Error information is in the
attached file. Would you like to help me solve this problem? Thanks!

Regards,

Rugang Cheng

Search Discussions

  • Gérald de Roany at Nov 17, 2000 at 8:37 am

    rugang wrote:

    Dear Sir/Madam:
    According to Platform-specific FAQ's, I install PostgreSQL
    V7.0.3 in Windows NT4.0 Server.
    Before doing that, I installed cygwin and cygipc, they are the latest
    version. After running "ipc-daemon &",
    I run "./configure", it's OK! But when I run "make", there are several
    errors. Error information is in the
    attached file. Would you like to help me solve this problem? Thanks!

    Regards,
    helo,
    got the same pb with V7.0.2
    I guessYou didn't not apply Jason Tishler's patch
    see http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.htm

    If you download patch.diff with a browser, be sure to convert from DOS to Unix
    format (CR/LF & CR)
    before applying

    --
    Cordialement,

    ... and please vote for us at http://www.flashfilmfestival.com/ ;o)
    www.salomoninline.com ( « Motion Graphics » )

    Gérald de Roany

    MegaloStudio interactive - 04.50.08.08.80 - http://www.megalostudio.com
  • Kevin Lo at Nov 17, 2000 at 9:49 am

    rugang wrote:

    Dear Sir/Madam:
    According to Platform-specific FAQ's, I install PostgreSQL
    V7.0.3 in Windows NT4.0 Server.
    Before doing that, I installed cygwin and cygipc, they are the latest
    version. After running "ipc-daemon &",
    I run "./configure", it's OK! But when I run "make", there are several
    errors. Error information is in the
    attached file. Would you like to help me solve this problem? Thanks!
    You would see my page: http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
    I just updated to PostgreSQL-7.0.3.
    Regards,

    Rugang Cheng