Hello

I'm having a trigger/link/symbol problem in PostgreSQL 7.0.2 (same with
6.5.3) on a gnu'ified Solaris 2.5.1 box.

gcc 2.7.2.3 & 2.95.2
binutils 2.9.1

% psql -f ~/pgsql/sql/initial-data.pgsql a0002a

psql:/home/puw/pgsql/sql/initial-data.pgsql:1: ERROR: Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced
symbol not found

initial-data.pgsql is simply a single insert on a table which has a
PL/pgSQL trigger defined on it. I get the same error in these regression
tests:

results/create_function_2.out
results/plpgsql.out
results/triggers.out

Searching the archives gave me this (actually google gave me this; the
search function on my local mirror, www.se.postgresql.org, seems to be
broken, the search on www.postgresql.org doesn't find any ref to
CurrentMemoryContext in the pgsql-ports list ...) :
http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/1999-11/msg00049.html
found no reply
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/1999/07/27/0006.html
drifts into an ELF vs a.out discussion ...

The symbol is defined in /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres and undefined in
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so

Ideas anyone? Personally I suspect binutils/ld.so.1 or some wierd flag to
ld missing ...

Failing a quick answer, could someone point me to which code loads
plpgsql.so (psql or postgres would be a start :)

Thanks.

/Urban

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql