Hello, i have compile the postgres 7.0 under the sparc solaris 7 but it's to
slow....
I have a PC 200MHz with Red Hat 6.1 and is more faster than the Sun Ultra
10, why?
This is my times when i make the same test in solaris and under the PC:
PC --> 5 min.
SUN --> 18 min. ????

Com os melhores comprimentos:
Paulo Cândido Oliveira de Sousa
est-p-sousa@ptinovacao.pt

Search Discussions

  • Gunnar Wolf at Jun 2, 2000 at 2:20 pm

    Hello, i have compile the postgres 7.0 under the sparc solaris 7 but it's to
    slow....
    I have a PC 200MHz with Red Hat 6.1 and is more faster than the Sun Ultra
    10, why?
    This is my times when i make the same test in solaris and under the PC:
    PC --> 5 min.
    SUN --> 18 min. ????
    This may be related to a problem I have been having on my Alpha with
    Postgres 6.5.3: It is not 64-bit clean, and it produces large amounts of
    unaligned traps, which slow down performance... It seems this will be
    fixed for 7.1

    Gunnar Wolf gwolf@campus.iztacala.unam.mx
    Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Iztacala
    Jefatura de Sección de Desarrollo y Admon. de Sistemas en Red
    Area de Seguridad en Computo - DCI - DGSCA - UNAM
    Beginner thinks 1Kb == 1000 bytes. Master knows 1Km == 1024m

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 31, '00 at 6:28p
activeJun 2, '00 at 2:20p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Gunnar Wolf: 1 post Paulo Sousa (EST): 1 post