Hello!

I've just installed PostgreSQL 8 on a Solaris 8 box, and I am having
difficulties.

I am using the bundled gcc and perl.

Problem 1.
I had to add

#include <stdarg.h>

to /include/c.h, the old varargs.h does not exist (I guess this is a gcc
2.95 issue)

Problem 2.

The bundled perl generates mefiles for the perl interface that wants tu
use the SUNSoft cc I had to hack the bundled Config.PM to make it
compile.
This is not Postgresql's fault, but it would be nice to include a
warinig about it in the INSTALL file.

Regards
Istvan Toth

Search Discussions

  • Peter Eisentraut at May 30, 2000 at 4:04 pm

    Toth Istvan writes:

    I had to add

    #include <stdarg.h>

    to /include/c.h, the old varargs.h does not exist (I guess this is a gcc
    2.95 issue)
    c.h already includes stdarg.c conditional on STDC_HEADERS. We already had
    one prior report of this failing somehow but no follow-up. Could you
    please send me the files config.log and config.cache to look at (off
    list)?
    The bundled perl generates mefiles for the perl interface that wants tu
    use the SUNSoft cc I had to hack the bundled Config.PM to make it
    compile.
    Yes, the build of the Perl stuff is kind of shaky.
    This is not Postgresql's fault, but it would be nice to include a
    warinig about it in the INSTALL file.
    Probably.

    --
    Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
    peter_e@gmx.net 75262 Uppsala

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 26, '00 at 6:55a
activeMay 30, '00 at 4:04p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Peter Eisentraut: 1 post Toth Istvan: 1 post