Announcing RedHat RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.0

NEW LOCATION!
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.0/redhat-RPM

Please read the README in that directory before downloading. That same
file is installed as part of the postgresql-7.0-1.i386.rpm as
/usr/doc/postgresql-7.0/README.rpm.

Or, you may go to http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres as usual.

**********NOTE***********
An initdb is REQUIRED for an upgrade from prior to Postgresql-7.0RC5.
--oldpackage may be required to upgrade from 7.0 beta releases or
release candidate RPMS.

Please let me know about any problems you may have.

My apologies for the delay in getting this RPM out -- my 'Real World'
work schedule drastically interferred with my PostgreSQL schedule, and
will continue to do so until at least May 24th. For the curious, I am a
broadcast engineer, and am in the middle of a transmitter site move.

NOTE: There are no Linux/alpha patches in these RPMs. Hopefully, that
situation will soon be rectified in a -2 RPMset. However, I _did_ get
the 7.0 JDBC jar's in....

Hope you enjoy the RPMs!

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Search Discussions

  • Peter Mount at May 16, 2000 at 12:13 pm
    As usual when replying from here, replies prefixed with PM:

    --
    Peter Mount
    Enterprise Support