Does anyone have any advice/suggestions about how to deal with
stuck spinlock problems while running postgres 6.5.3
on cygwin B20?

Background:

Running on NT with sp6, I'm using active perl with DBI
and DBD-PG to load data into postgres and update some tables
every five minutes with a simple batch file that executes my
perl scripts. Everything seems to work well for a few hours,
but then the backend dies with the dreaded...

FATAL: s_lock(14490065) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

After this happens, I'm unable to connect to the backend unless I
kill and restart the ipc-daemon and postmaster again from the cygwin
bash prompt.

I've searched the lists and have seen several references to this problem
on NT, but found no clear solution. Good People, do you have any
suggestions
on how to deal with this?

Dan

Search Discussions

  • Alexei Zakharov at Feb 2, 2000 at 9:45 am
    Do you run postgres with a patched ipc-daemon? Unpatched daemon has a
    semaphore bug which causes spinlocks.

    Try to use this one (patched and compiled):
    http://www.s34.co.jp/~luster/pgsql/cygwin32_ipc-1.03-bin-patched.tar.bz2

    Alexei.

[...]

grouppgsql-ports @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 2, '00 at 8:44a
activeFeb 2, '00 at 9:45a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Dan Rosner: 1 post Alexei Zakharov: 1 post