Hi all,

At Bull company, we want to answer a call for tender from a large
company. And we are asked for information about PostgreSQL performance
under AIX on Power 7 servers.

By chance, has someone some data about this ?
Has someone performed a benchmark using AIX quite recently ?

Are there any reasons for having performance level significantly
different between AIX and, let say, Linux, on a given platform ?

Thanks by advance for any help.

Philippe BEAUDOIN

Search Discussions

  • Andy Colson at Mar 19, 2011 at 1:17 pm

    At Bull company, we want to answer a call for tender from a large company. And we are asked for information about PostgreSQL performance under AIX on Power 7 servers.

    By chance, has someone some data about this ?
    Has someone performed a benchmark using AIX quite recently ?

    Are there any reasons for having performance level significantly different between AIX and, let say, Linux, on a given platform ?

    Thanks by advance for any help.

    Philippe BEAUDOIN
    Dunno, never gotten to play with AIX or a Power 7... If you sent me one I'd be more than happy to benchmark it and send it back :-)

    Or, more seriously, even remote ssh would do.

    -Andy
  • Josh Berkus at Mar 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm
    Phillippe,
    At Bull company, we want to answer a call for tender from a large
    company. And we are asked for information about PostgreSQL performance
    under AIX on Power 7 servers.
    Afilias runs PostgreSQL on AIX. I don't know the architecture, though.
    Or what they think of it as a platform.

    --
    -- Josh Berkus
    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

grouppgsql-performance @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 19, '11 at 9:00a
activeMar 22, '11 at 9:29p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

3 users in discussion

Phb07: 1 post Josh Berkus: 1 post Andy Colson: 1 post