Hi all..
Can any one help me?
I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
PostgreSQL:
Execution plan
The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Pavel Stehule at Jul 23, 2010 at 7:43 am
    Hello

    I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
    PostgreSQL:
    Execution plan
    The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
    DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
    Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
    from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
    Thanks.
    It is depend on version of PostgreSQL that you use. In 9.0 you can

    EXPLAIN explain (analyze true, buffers true, costs true) select * from
    pg_tables;

    other useful info are in table pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_user_indexes

    But for example CPU consumption you can see never - PostgreSQL uses
    little bit different methods.

    Regards

    Pavel Stehule

    maybe you searching some like http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/

  • Rodrigo E. De León Plicet at Aug 4, 2010 at 3:30 am

    I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
    PostgreSQL:
    Execution plan
    The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
    DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
    Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
    from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
    Thanks.
    Check out pgstatspack:

    http://blogs.sun.com/glennf/entry/pgstatspack_getting_at_postgres_performance