Hi

I am new at postgres and I'm having performance issues.

I am running on postgres 7.4.6 on a pineapp with 512MB RAM.

I did a database vacuum analyze and rebuild my indexes.

When I perform queries on tables of 2M-10M of rows it takes several
minutes and

I see at sar and top that the cpu and memory is heavily used.

I would be glad for guidance on server parameters or other
configurations which would help.

10x.

Doron.

Search Discussions

  • Luckys at Apr 9, 2006 at 10:42 am
    It'd be helpful if posted with the EXPLAIN of the slow running queries on
    the respective table.

    cool.
    L.

    I am new at postgres and I'm having performance issues.

    I am running on postgres 7.4.6 on a pineapp with 512MB RAM.

    I did a database vacuum analyze and rebuild my indexes.

    When I perform queries on tables of 2M-10M of rows it takes several
    minutes and

    I see at sar and top that the cpu and memory is heavily used.

    I would be glad for guidance on server parameters or other configurations
    which would help.

    10x.

    Doron.
  • Ragnar at Apr 9, 2006 at 11:07 am