From: Shaun Thomas <sthomas@peak6.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] PG 9 adminstrations
To: Hany ABOU-GHOURY <hghoury@gmail.com>
Cc: Derrick Rice <derrick.rice@gmail.com>, pgsql-performance@postgresql.org

On 09/20/2011 11:29 PM, Hany ABOU-GHOURY wrote:

Thanks but...did not work different error though
ERROR: relation "history" already exists
ERROR: relation "idx_history_pagegroupid" already exists
ERROR: constraint "cdocumentid" for relation "history" already exists
Clearly the history table already exists on your second host. This may or
may not matter, if the table definitions are the same. If the table on host2
was empty, it'll be filled with the data from host1. If not, you'll need to
truncate the table on host2 first. If you don't want the complaints about
tables or indexes or constraints that already exist, use the -a option for
data-only dumps.

Also, might I suggest using the pgsql-novice list? They're more likely to
help with general issues like this.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See http://www.peak6.com/email-**disclaimer/<http://www.peak6.com/email-disclaimer/>for
terms and conditions related to this email

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Staal at Sep 23, 2011 at 1:46 am
    --As of September 23, 2011 1:17:37 PM +1200, Hany ABOU-GHOURY is alleged to