The default behavior for \d (at least in my installations) changed when used against views.

if I do
#\d myview

It shows the view structure only. Older versions of psql used to also show what the view represented (the select statements and supporting tables it corresponded to).

How do I display the select command/supporting tables backing a view in the interactive psql?

Thanks for the help,
James

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jul 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm

    James Sasitorn writes:
    The default behavior for \d (at least in my installations) changed when used against views.
    if I do
    #\d myview
    It shows the view structure only. Older versions of psql used to also show what the view represented (the select statements and supporting tables it corresponded to).
    Yes. Use \d+ to see the definition too in recent versions of psql.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 30, '11 at 7:32a