I am using the following formatting function for a date field and I get the
name of the month in English language. How can I get it in Spanish?

to_char(sea_fecha,'MONTH DD, YYYY') as sea_fecha_aux

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Kretschmer at Jun 17, 2011 at 5:27 pm

    JORGE MALDONADO wrote:

    I am using the following formatting function for a date field and I get the
    name of the month in English language. How can I get it in Spanish?

    to_char(sea_fecha,'MONTH DD, YYYY') as sea_fecha_aux
    I think, you have to use the 'translation mode prefix', see
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/functions-formatting.html
    Table 9-22. Template Pattern Modifiers for Date/Time Formatting

    Andreas
    unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
    "If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
    Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 17, '11 at 5:18p
activeJun 17, '11 at 5:27p