i'm sorry, but this is nothing but the immediate expression of my
frustration with pgAdmin III:

i thought this tool was quasi the "official" postgres GUI and tried to
use it to edit larger text fields. maybe it's my fault but the standard
procedures to use a GUI to edit text (copy/paste behaviour,
click/doubleclick behaviour, sizing of edit fields, etc) are a nightmare
in pgAdmin III, at least in debian 6 with gnome (pgAdmin III version
1.10.5). it's always endless fiddling with unexpected results. i have
been using linux GUI programs for years with no problems.

i know this is far from a usable description of an error condition, i
just want to know if others have had a similar experience

thx for gentle replies
matthias

Search Discussions

  • Chris Campbell at Jun 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    I've been using pgAdmin III version 1.12.2 under Windows 7 (PostgreSQL 9.0.2) for quite a while and find that it does whatever I need it to. Granted I don't push it that hard, but it seems to get the job done for me with very little in the way of problems. I don't know if the problems you are experiencing are strictly linux related either because I don't use that environment. Sorry I can't be more help there.

    I don't know if it's an option for you to roll back to 1.12.2 or not, but it's a thought.

    Regards,

    Chris

    i'm sorry, but this is nothing but the immediate expression of my
    frustration with pgAdmin III:

    i thought this tool was quasi the "official" postgres GUI and tried to
    use it to edit larger text fields. maybe it's my fault but the standard
    procedures to use a GUI to edit text (copy/paste behaviour,
    click/doubleclick behaviour, sizing of edit fields, etc) are a nightmare
    in pgAdmin III, at least in debian 6 with gnome (pgAdmin III version
    1.10.5). it's always endless fiddling with unexpected results. i have
    been using linux GUI programs for years with no problems.

    i know this is far from a usable description of an error condition, i
    just want to know if others have had a similar experience

    thx for gentle replies
    matthias

  • Richard terry at Jun 10, 2011 at 8:17 am