Would someone kindly offer an opinion as to which of the admin tools below has a better
standing in the Postgres community?

pgAdmin vs phpPgAdmin

Thanks very much.

Sandy Keathley

Search Discussions

  • John DeSoi at Apr 22, 2011 at 12:16 am

    On Apr 21, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Sandy Keathley wrote:

    Would someone kindly offer an opinion as to which of the admin tools below has a better
    standing in the Postgres community?

    pgAdmin vs phpPgAdmin
    Both have good standing. If you want to do a lot of SQL editing, pgAdmin is probably a better choice because it has syntax-colored editing features. Lately, I prefer phpPgAdmin for database browsing and admin tasks. It is fast and well-designed.

    John DeSoi, Ph.D.
  • Francisco Leovey at Apr 22, 2011 at 1:16 am
    I had some problems using PgAdmin for Postgres 9 so I recommend phpPgAdmin

    Also I had an issue installing PgAdmin - the latest version refused to run on an XP, had to fall back to an earlier version

    Would someone kindly offer an opinion as to which of the admin tools below has a better
    standing in the Postgres community?

    pgAdmin  vs  phpPgAdmin
    Both have good standing. If you want to do a lot of SQL editing, pgAdmin is probably a better choice because it has syntax-colored editing features. Lately, I prefer phpPgAdmin for database browsing and admin tasks. It is fast and well-designed.

    John DeSoi, Ph.D.

  • Mick at Apr 22, 2011 at 12:05 pm

    Would someone kindly offer an opinion as to which of the admin tools below has a better
    standing in the Postgres community?

    pgAdmin vs phpPgAdmin

    Thanks very much.

    Sandy Keathley

    Horses for courses. Try both and see which best suits your style/needs!

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 21, '11 at 3:27p
activeApr 22, '11 at 12:05p