Hi all,

I wanted to find out if i can use pg_dump to display dead tuples/rows.

Cheers
Aaron

  • Raghu ram at Apr 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

    On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:02 PM, aaronenabs wrote:

    Hi all,

    I wanted to find out if i can use pg_dump to display dead tuples/rows.
    pg_dump utility does not display dead/live tuples count in a particular
    tables.

    You can identify the dead/live tuples count in a table using below SQL
    statement::

    postgres=# select relname,schemaname,n_live_tup,n_dead_tup from
    pg_stat_user_tables;
    relname | schemaname | n_live_tup | n_dead_tup
    test3 | public | 10 | 7

    --Raghu Ram

    Cheers
    Aaron