Hi all,

Can any one of u please tell me the diunction and a stored procedure??
In postgresql there is no command like "create or replace procedure"??
we haev to use "create function " for creating the procedures.. so how doest
the server differentaites between those two???

please reply me...

regards
sivakiran.B

Search Discussions

  • Chetan Suttraway at Mar 10, 2011 at 9:42 am

    Can any one of u please tell me the diunction and a stored procedure??
    In postgresql there is no command like "create or replace procedure"??
    we haev to use "create function " for creating the procedures.. so how
    doest the server differentaites between those two???

    please reply me...

    regards
    sivakiran.B
    Please go through the below links:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2000-10/msg00123.php
    http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/15-Stored-Procedures-in-PostgreSQL.html
    http://postgresqldbnews.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-procedure-in-postgresql-using.html

    --
    Chetan Sutrave
    Senior Software Engineer

    Website: www.enterprisedb.com
    EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
    Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

    This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
    individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
    information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
    confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
    the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
    recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
    copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
    this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
    and delete this message.
  • Vibhor Kumar at Mar 10, 2011 at 9:58 am

    Can any one of u please tell me the diunction and a stored procedure??
    In postgresql there is no command like "create or replace procedure"??
    we haev to use "create function " for creating the procedures.. so how doest the server differentaites between those two???

    Functions and Procedure are same in PostgreSQL. PG doesn't support CREATE PROCEDURE syntax.

    Whatever you want to acheive you can acheive using Function. Do you have any specific requirement?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Vibhor Kumar
    EnterpriseDB Corporation
    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company