I have several PostgreSQL databases in a server. Please recommend a
procedure to get a backup of each one of them automatically. I would like to
run a backup process from Monday to Sunday so I can have 7 backups for each
DB.

pgAdmin III is a good choice to perform this task manually but my
application hosts one database per client and, in the long run, it would be
inefficient to do it this way. I guess that having a pg_dump command for
each database running in a batch file could be an answer but I wonder if
there is any disadvantage doing it this way. Also, I do not know if pg_dump
commands can be run in a batch file.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

Search Discussions

  • Raghu ram at Mar 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm

    I have several PostgreSQL databases in a server. Please recommend a
    procedure to get a backup of each one of them automatically. I would like to
    run a backup process from Monday to Sunday so I can have 7 backups for each
    DB.

    pgAdmin III is a good choice to perform this task manually but my
    application hosts one database per client and, in the long run, it would be
    inefficient to do it this way. I guess that having a pg_dump command for
    each database running in a batch file could be an answer but I wonder if
    there is any disadvantage doing it this way. Also, I do not know if pg_dump
    commands can be run in a batch file.

    Try to follow the below link to get more details on automated backup on
    Windows::

    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Automated_Backup_on_Windows

    --Raghu Ram

    Respectfully,
    Jorge Maldonado

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 7, '11 at 6:19p
activeMar 7, '11 at 6:54p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

JORGE MALDONADO: 1 post Raghu ram: 1 post