Hi
I am new to postgresql

I want to create a user account
So I tried to use "create user" command. but then it is not asking for password..User is created.
But when I want to enter the db with that user it is prompting for password.
So how do we create user with password
Please guide me..

Thanks & regards
Siva kiran.B

Search Discussions

  • Andrej at Feb 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm

    So I tried to use “create user” command. but then it is not asking for
    password..User is created.

    But when I want to enter the db with that user it is prompting for password.

    So how do we create user with password
    Just as it says in the fine manual
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-createuser.html

    CREATE USER user WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'password';

    Cheers,
    Andrej

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 17, '11 at 12:07p
activeFeb 17, '11 at 4:16p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Sivakiran Balijepalli: 1 post Andrej: 1 post