Hi

I am new to postgresql

I want to create a user account

So I tried to use “create user” command. but then it is not asking for
password..User is created.

But when I want to enter the db with that user it is prompting for password.

So how do we create user with password

Please guide me..

Thanks & regards

Siva kiran.B

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Yves F. Barbier at Feb 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm

    So I tried to use “create user” command. but then it is not asking for
    password..User is created.

    But when I want to enter the db with that user it is prompting for password.

    So how do we create user with password
    su postgres
    createuser -P

    --
    If elected, Zippy pledges to each and every American a 55-year-old houseboy ...
  • Thomas Kellerer at Feb 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm

    siva kiran balijepalli, 17.02.2011 13:10:
    I want to create a user account

    So I tried to use “create user” command. but then it is not asking for
    password..User is created.

    But when I want to enter the db with that user it is prompting for password.

    So how do we create user with password

    Please guide me..
    Check out the manual, it's all explained there.

    The syntax is: CREATE USER newuser PASSWORD 'verysecret';

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createuser.html

    Regards
    Thomas

grouppgsql-novice @