I am designing a table which will have about 70 fields per record and I
wonder if this is a big number. The data types are boolean,
varchar(maxlength), time, integer, smallint and numeric mainly.
I will appreciate your comments to this respect.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

Search Discussions

  • Kenneth Marshall at Jan 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm

    I am designing a table which will have about 70 fields per record and I
    wonder if this is a big number. The data types are boolean,
    varchar(maxlength), time, integer, smallint and numeric mainly.
    I will appreciate your comments to this respect.

    Respectfully,
    Jorge Maldonado
    No, that is not a large number of fields. It is usually more
    important that the table schema be normalized.

    Cheers,
    Ken

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql