Has anyone had any experience dealing with EnterpriseDB?

I have a few calls into them and a few unanswered emails concerning some issues
and questions I have.
We are looking to convert our mysql applications to postgres, but concerned
about the level of support they are going to provide when simple questions such
as the ones i have asked go unanswered.

I dont expect tech support on the free versions we are trying out, but a
question such as: 'do i have to have a paid support contract to post questions
on their forums' should be easy enough to follow through. After a few
weeks...yes, weeks... i have gotten a short answer of 'no you dont need a paid
contract to post in the forums', but no answer to why *I* cannot. I can log in,
sometimes get to the post new topic screen, but when i hit 'submit' it fails.

i have given them step by step of what I am doing, but still no answer as to
what is going on.

These may seem trivial, but when I am pushing to convert to a new db system, I
should be comfortable knowing the level of support I can expect when needed.

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Michael Gould at Dec 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm
    Bill,

    It probably has to do with the holidays.  They have always been responsive
    when I've called.  That being said, several of their top developers are
    available on this forum.

    Best Regards

    Michael Gould

    --
    Michael Gould, Managing Partner
    Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC

    Michael Gould wrote:
    Bill,

    It probably has to do with the holidays. They have always been
    responsive when I've called. That being said, several of their top
    developers are available on this forum.

    Best Regards

    Michael Gould
    My experience has been the same. They have answered some of my technical
    questions, despite the fact that the company that I work for uses just
    the public domain version of PostgreSQL, not the advanced server. It
    seems to me that they are helpful above and beyond the call of duty.

    --

    Mladen Gogala
    Sr. Oracle DBA

    Are any of you able to post on the enterprisedb forums without a paid contract?

    Thanks.

    ________________________________
    It probably has to do with the holidays. They have always been responsive when
    I've called. That being said, several of their top developers are available on
    this forum.

    Best Regards

    Michael Gould
    My experience has been the same. They have answered some of my technical
    questions, despite the fact that the company that I work for uses just the
    public domain version of PostgreSQL, not the advanced server. It seems to me
    that they are helpful above and beyond the call of duty.

    --
    Mladen Gogala Sr. Oracle DBA
    1500 Broadway
    New York, NY 10036
    (212) 329-5251
    http://www.vmsinfo.com The Leader in Integrated Media Intelligence Solutions

    To make changes to your subscription:
  • Sachin Srivastava at Jan 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm
    Bill,

    Yes, you should be able to post on the EnterpriseDB Forums even without a paid contract. Though in this case, it seems you are unable to do so. Can you please tell us, what exact error you are getting while posting the question on the forums.

    Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
[...]

    EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL company.
  • Bill P. at Jan 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm
    Hi Sachin,

    This is what I sent to the folks over at your company.
    Thanks.

    When I tried to add a new topic weeks ago, i was repeatedly forwarded back to
    the login screen on your website (enterpriedb.com/sign-in). Once or twice I was
    able to get to the new topic screen as I am now, but again, when i hit submit
    to post the new topic, it forwards me to your 'sign-in' screen BUT...this time
    I am noticing that from the standard sign-in to add a new topic and where you
    actually post it, the protocol is HTTP vs. HTTPS, so you end up needing to sign
    in twice.

    BUT.......

    even when I do this, I now get this error after adding my username and password
    again on the HTTPS portion:

    Information

    An error has occurred.
    For detailed error information, please see the HTML source code, and contact the
    forum Administrator.
    java.lang.ClassCastException

    Forum Index
    Aside from the markup to generate this html page, this is the only code at the
    top of the source:

    <!-- BEGIN ERROR STACK TRACE
    java.lang.ClassCastException

    URL is: /jforum.page?null
    END ERROR STACK TRACE-->

    This is on OSX 10.6 on FF 3.6

    ________________________________

[...]

  • Sachin Srivastava at Jan 4, 2011 at 6:24 am
    Hi Bill,

    I have forwarded your issue to our website team, and they are looking into it. You will surely hear from us again regarding the same.
[...]

  • Chetan Suttraway at Feb 25, 2011 at 8:03 am
    Hi Bill,

    Just tried registering and posting a new topic and was successfully done.
    http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/0/2614.page#9802

    Regards,
    Chetan

    Forum Index <http://forums.enterprisedb.com/forums/list.page>

[...]