Hi....

I'm new using PostgreSQL, and I trying to run a script of shell where I can
send parameters to a sentence COPY but always returned an error.

This is my sentence in SHELL, where insertar_usuario_archivo.sql contain
this sentence SQL: \COPY T_SADCDMA_USUARIO_AAA from :v_archivo WITH
DELIMITER '|';

and file.cargar contain only the data who I whant put inside the BD whith
the delimiter "|".

$postgrelhome/bin/64/psql -w -h 192.168.85.50 -p 5432 -U aprn_des -f
/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/insertar_usuario_archivo.sql -v
v_archivo='/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/file.cargar' -d PGSQL_DES

This is the error that returned me when I run the sentence:

psql:/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/insertar_usuario_archivo.sql:2:
:v_archivo: No such file or directory

  • Aarni at Dec 28, 2010 at 1:54 pm

    I'm new using PostgreSQL, and I trying to run a script of shell where I can
    send parameters to a sentence COPY but always returned an error.

    This is my sentence in SHELL, where insertar_usuario_archivo.sql contain
    this sentence SQL: \COPY T_SADCDMA_USUARIO_AAA from :v_archivo WITH
    DELIMITER '|';

    and file.cargar contain only the data who I whant put inside the BD whith
    the delimiter "|".

    $postgrelhome/bin/64/psql -w -h 192.168.85.50 -p 5432 -U aprn_des -f
    /export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/insertar_usuario_archivo.sql -v
    v_archivo='/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/file.cargar' -d PGSQL_DES

    This is the error that returned me when I run the sentence:

    psql:/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/insertar_usuario_archivo.sql:2:
    :v_archivo: No such file or directory
    Hi,

    I think your

    v_archivo='/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/file.cargar'

    should be

    v_archivo="'/export/home/sso/LOADER_SADCDMA/file.cargar'"

    ie. the single quoted value 'path/to/file' surrounded by double quotes.

    BR,

    Aarni
    --
    Aarni Ruuhimäki

    PROUD TO BE 100% Microsoft FREE!
  • Wolfang at Dec 28, 2010 at 2:03 pm
    Thanks Aarni but I tried with double quote and have the same result, returned
    to me the same message of error.
  • Aarni at Dec 28, 2010 at 2:46 pm