Hello,

is is possible to run COPY query from pgadmin query window with data
"from stdin"?
I am trying with example:
COPY phone (ph_id, ph_phone, ph_name) FROM stdin;
1 37061054322 John
2 37065992332 Tom
\.

But I get error:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "1"
LINE 2: 1 37061054322 John
^

I analyzed plain text dump file of the same table, and I see that it is
the same query, but it do not work from pgadmin..

---
Lukas
UAB nSoft
www.nSoft.lt

Search Discussions

  • Gurjeet Singh at Dec 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm
    I don't believe pgAdmin is capable of doing that.

    Adding Dave so he can correct me.

    Regards,
    is is possible to run COPY query from pgadmin query window with data
    "from stdin"?
    I am trying with example:
    COPY phone (ph_id, ph_phone, ph_name) FROM stdin;
    1 37061054322 John
    2 37065992332 Tom
    \.

    But I get error:
    ERROR: syntax error at or near "1"
    LINE 2: 1 37061054322 John
    ^

    I analyzed plain text dump file of the same table, and I see that it is
    the same query, but it do not work from pgadmin..

    ---
    Lukas
    UAB nSoft
    www.nSoft.lt

    gurjeet.singh
    @ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company
    http://www.EnterpriseDB.com

    singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | yahoo }.com
    Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

    Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device
  • Dave Page at Dec 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm
    You are correct Gurjeet.

    --
    Dave Page
    Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

    The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedDec 27, '10 at 4:58p
activeDec 27, '10 at 7:10p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

3 users in discussion

Gurjeet Singh: 1 post Dave Page: 1 post Lukas: 1 post