Hello;

I have no difficulty connecting to a database from the command line with
any user but when accessing the database through a browser ( a simple
PHP file with pg_connect ), only by creating a user "apache" can the
database be contacted. All other users produce an error in the apache
log stating, "Ident failed for...". Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Thom Brown at Oct 18, 2010 at 8:25 pm

    I have no difficulty connecting to a database from the command line with any
    user but when accessing the database through a browser ( a simple PHP file
    with pg_connect ), only by creating a user "apache" can the database be
    contacted. All other users produce an error in the apache log stating,
    "Ident failed for...". Any idea what is happening here?
    That's because you've got "ident" authentication in your pg_hba.conf
    file. I answered a similar question earlier today, so please take a
    look and see if it helps you solve this:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2010-10/msg00117.php

    --
    Thom Brown
    Twitter: @darkixion