I have a development version of Postgres 8.4.4 database which utilizes
pgstatspack to produce performance reports and pgfouine to analyze
/var/log/pgsql. There are some suspect SQL statements and I would like
to have them analyzed automatically by loading the
auto_explain module. Are there any experiences with that? Do pgstatspack
reports or pgfouine analysis get broken because of the automatic explain
for statements running longer than the threshold?

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

  • Mladen Gogala at Sep 22, 2010 at 9:38 pm

    Mladen Gogala wrote:
    I have a development version of Postgres 8.4.4 database which utilizes
    pgstatspack to produce performance reports and pgfouine to analyze
    /var/log/pgsql. There are some suspect SQL statements and I would like
    to have them analyzed automatically by loading the
    auto_explain module. Are there any experiences with that? Do pgstatspack
    reports or pgfouine analysis get broken because of the automatic explain
    for statements running longer than the threshold?
    Well, there weren't any takers so I had to test it out. Unfortunately,
    PgFouine takes plan as a SQL. In other words, "auto_explain" module is
    confusing PgFouine. I opened a PgFoundry account and reported a bug. Sigh!

    --

    Mladen Gogala
    Sr. Oracle DBA

grouppgsql-novice @