Any problems? Here is why I am asking:
http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.4/redhat/rhel-5-i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
pgdg84. Please verify its path and try again

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

Search Discussions

  • Lacey Powers at Sep 12, 2010 at 3:05 am
    Hello Mladen,

    In order to better accommodate the volume of requests for the psqlrpms
    project, and ensure an even greater level of bandwidth and uptime, we
    moved the primary yum repository to a new server.

    We're happy to help you resolve any errors you may be having.

    Could you do an nslookup from the server that gave you an error, and let
    us know what IP address it returns?

    Your DNS infrastructure may still be pointing at the old server address.

    As a temporary measure, you can place the following line in your
    /etc/hosts file:

    69.55.231.170 yum.pgsqlrpms.org

    And that should fix your problems. If it does not, please let us know,
    and we will be glad to help you further sort this out.

    Also, for future reference, any questions, comments, or concerns related
    to packages and the repository for www.pgsqlrpms.org , should be
    directed to packages@commandprompt.com for the most rapid response.

    Thank you for your patience.

    Regards,

    Lacey

    --
    Lacey Powers

    The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564 x 104
    Engineering, Consulting, Development, Optimization, and 24x7 Support.
    http://www.commandprompt.com/

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedSep 11, '10 at 9:03p
activeSep 12, '10 at 3:05a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Lacey Powers: 1 post Mladen Gogala: 1 post