hi guys.

Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Sep 4, 2010 at 6:25 pm

    Majid Azimi writes:
    Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?
    No.

    regards, tom lane
  • Mladen Gogala at Sep 5, 2010 at 2:32 am

    On 09/04/2010 01:59 PM, Majid Azimi wrote:
    hi guys.

    Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?
    In Postgres, each table is a file. That means that Postgres needs a file
    system. Raw devices are not supported. Unfortunately, direct I/O is not
    supported either.

    --
    Mladen Gogala
    Sr. Oracle DBA

    Mladen Gogala wrote:
    In Postgres, each table is a file. That means that Postgres needs a file
    system. Raw devices are not supported. Unfortunately, direct I/O is not
    supported either.
    We do support direct i/o for the write-ahead logs (WAL).

    EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

  • Mladen Gogala at Sep 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm

    Bruce Momjian wrote:
    Mladen Gogala wrote:
    We do support direct i/o for the write-ahead logs (WAL).
    Yes, you're right, I forgot about that.

    --
    Mladen Gogala
    Sr. Oracle DBA