I am using Postgresql 8.4 on Ubunut 10.04

I am having trouble connecting a remote client to the Postgresql server running
on the Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I don’t have a problem opening a client connection
on the host machine.

I did the following changes :

In Postgresql.conf file :

listen_address = ‘*’

In pg_hba.conf file:

local all all md5
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5

I restarted the server after making these changes
sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 restart

The remote client and the host(postgresql server) are on the same network . I
can ping each other and they are communicating.

I checked if the server is running using the command from the terminal

sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 status

I got the following response:

Running clusters: 8.4/main

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Victor Hugo at Aug 16, 2010 at 6:03 pm
    Kavitha,

    host all all IP_you_network/24 md5

    []´s
    Victor Hugo

    --
    []´s
    Victor Hugo

    Kavitha Parvataneni wrote:

    I am using Postgresql 8.4 on Ubunut 10.04

    I am having trouble connecting a remote client to the Postgresql server running
    on the Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I don’t have a problem opening a client connection
    on the host machine.
    please provide us the error-message.
    In Postgresql.conf file :

    listen_address = ‘*’

    In pg_hba.conf file:

    local all all md5

    host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5
    seems okay, are there any kind of firewalls between?

    Andreas
    unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
    "If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
    Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 16, '10 at 5:52p
activeAug 16, '10 at 6:33p