On 9.0 beta 2, I have tried to prevent autostart of the database engine via
the by the process shown in
http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/2240.page

does not seem to have any effect.

The only method that I have found to work is to remove
the com.edb.launchd.postgresql-x.x.plist file from the LaunchDaemons
directory. But I would prefer to leave it in place, and change as needed.

Thoughts?

Search Discussions

  • MattK at Jun 24, 2010 at 9:43 pm
    On 9.0 beta 2, I have tried to prevent autostart of the database engine
    via the by the process shown in
    http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/2240.page

    does not seem to have any effect.

    The only method that I have found to work is to remove the
    com.edb.launchd.postgresql-x.x.plist file from the LaunchDaemons
    directory. But I would prefer to leave it in place, and change as needed.

    Thoughts?
  • Michael Wood at Jun 26, 2010 at 11:38 pm

    On 9.0 beta 2, I have tried to prevent autostart of the database engine via
    the by the process shown
    in http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/2240.page
    does not seem to have any effect.
    The only method that I have found to work is to remove
    the com.edb.launchd.postgresql-x.x.plist file from the LaunchDaemons
    directory. But I would prefer to leave it in place, and change as needed.
    Thoughts?
    Try:

    $ sudo launchctl unload -w
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-x.x.plist

    Then to re-enable:

    $ sudo launchctl load -w
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-x.x.plist

    The "unload -w" should add a <Disabled><true/> key to the plist file.
    If for some reason that doesn't work, manually add the Disabled key.

    --
    Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql