Hi everyone,
How are sequences' state dumped and transferred via pg_dump?
I am dumping and restoring a database via pg_dump. In the dump file I
have CREATE SEQUENCE and ALTER SEQUENCE commands. The ALTERs are just
for ownership, which leaves the CREATEs for transferring the current
state of the sequence (perhaps with the START [ WITH ] start clauses).
Am I right?
Kind regards:
al_shopov

Search Discussions

  • Александър Шопов at Jun 23, 2010 at 8:54 pm
    Hi everyone,
    How are sequences' state dumped and transferred via pg_dump?
    I am dumping and restoring a database via pg_dump. In the dump file I
    have CREATE SEQUENCE and ALTER SEQUENCE commands. The ALTERs are just
    for ownership, which leaves the CREATEs for transferring the current
    state of the sequence (perhaps with the START [ WITH ] start clauses).
    Am I right?
    Kind regards:
    al_shopov
  • Tom Lane at Jun 23, 2010 at 9:54 pm

    =?UTF-8?Q?=D0=90=D0=BB=D0=B5=D0=BA=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B4=D1=8A=D1=80_?= =?UTF-8?Q?=D0=A8=D0=BE=D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=B2?= <lists@kambanaria.org> writes:
    How are sequences' state dumped and transferred via pg_dump?
    I am dumping and restoring a database via pg_dump. In the dump file I
    have CREATE SEQUENCE and ALTER SEQUENCE commands. The ALTERs are just
    for ownership, which leaves the CREATEs for transferring the current
    state of the sequence (perhaps with the START [ WITH ] start clauses).
    There should be "SELECT setval()" commands in there.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 23, '10 at 7:54p