there's a way to set persistently the PROMPT1 and/or PROMPT2 variables?
I didn't find anything about this in man pages, i can change them once in
psql, but the changes are lost once i quit.

regards
S.

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Jun 14, 2010 at 2:05 am

    Salvatore De Paolis writes:
    there's a way to set persistently the PROMPT1 and/or PROMPT2 variables?
    I didn't find anything about this in man pages, i can change them once in
    psql, but the changes are lost once i quit.
    You can set them in your ~/.psqlrc file.

    regards, tom lane
  • Salvatore De Paolis at Jun 14, 2010 at 2:11 am

    You can set them in your ~/.psqlrc file.

    regards, tom lane
    It was easy, thanks :)

    regards
    S.

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 14, '10 at 1:19a
activeJun 14, '10 at 2:11a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Salvatore De Paolis: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post