I made a backup of my database and a restore in a different PC and I am
getting the following error message:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 369; 2612 16386 PROCEDURAL
LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: language
"plpgsql" already exists
Command was: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

When I open the restored database I can see all of the objects in it:
schema, tables, keys, etc. so I do not know what this error means; it seems
that everything is fine. I will appreciate any advice.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado

Search Discussions

  • Sean Davis at Jun 2, 2009 at 4:26 pm

    I made a backup of my database and a restore in a different PC and I am
    getting the following error message:

    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 369; 2612 16386 PROCEDURAL
    LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  language
    "plpgsql" already exists
    Command was: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

    When I open the restored database I can see all of the objects in it:
    schema, tables, keys, etc. so I do not know what this error means; it seems
    that everything is fine. I will appreciate any advice.
    It looks like the database to which you restored already had plpgsql
    in place. The error just states that. So, I don't think there is any
    problem and you can assume that you got your database restored.

    Sean
  • Alan Hodgson at Jun 2, 2009 at 4:27 pm

    I made a backup of my database and a restore in a different PC and I am
    getting the following error message:

    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 369; 2612 16386
    PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: language
    "plpgsql" already exists
    Command was: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

    When I open the restored database I can see all of the objects in it:
    schema, tables, keys, etc. so I do not know what this error means; it
    seems that everything is fine. I will appreciate any advice.
    It means you added the language to the new database before you started your
    restore. It's not a problem.

    --
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a
    man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

    JORGE MALDONADO writes:
    I made a backup of my database and a restore in a different PC and I am
    getting the following error message:
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 369; 2612 16386 PROCEDURAL
    LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: language
    "plpgsql" already exists
    Command was: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
    This doesn't look like a problem --- you just tried to restore into a
    database that already had plpgsql set up. It should have kept going
    just fine.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql