Hello -

PG v8.2

I have a number of fields in tables with a unique constraint defined on them
resulting in the creation of an implicit btree index on the field.

Does PG use this implicit index in answering queries in the same manner as
an explicit index, or do I have to create an explicit index in addition to
the implicit one?

Thank you.

David

Search Discussions

  • Michael Glaesemann at Oct 2, 2007 at 11:01 pm