Hi all,

I need to have two different vesions of postgres running in parallel on
different ports. Does anyone knows how to install two different versions
of postgres (7.4.5 and 8.2.4) on the same computer? I am using Linux
operating system.

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Loredana

Search Discussions

  • Sean Davis at Aug 10, 2007 at 11:47 am

    Loredana Curugiu wrote:
    Hi all,

    I need to have two different vesions of postgres running in parallel on
    different ports. Does anyone knows how to install two different versions
    of postgres (7.4.5 and 8.2.4) on the same computer? I am using Linux
    operating system.
    You can install from source and provide the --prefix argument to the
    configure command.

    Sean
  • Oliver Elphick at Aug 10, 2007 at 4:12 pm