Help!

I am creating a fail over server and one element of my system is using
postgresql 8.0. I created a dump of the current DB and I want to
restore "as is" on the fail over server. On the fail over I am using
the command "psql -U <username> < <sql script>" to try to restore the
the DB but when I press enter it does not ask me for my password and
goes directly to the FATAL error of password is not authenticated.
Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am following the instructions given
by our vendor in how to back up and restore the pg DB.

System Info:
Win2003 server

Demian Quiñonez
Systems Developer

Search Discussions

  • Oliver Elphick at Aug 10, 2007 at 5:44 am

    I am creating a fail over server and one element of my system is using
    postgresql 8.0. I created a dump of the current DB and I want to
    restore "as is" on the fail over server. On the fail over I am using
    the command "psql -U <username> < <sql script>" to try to restore the
    the DB but when I press enter it does not ask me for my password and
    goes directly to the FATAL error of password is not authenticated.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am following the instructions given
    by our vendor in how to back up and restore the pg DB.
    Try adding -W

    --
    Oliver Elphick olly@lfix.co.uk
    Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

    believed to be clean.
  • Ashish Karalkar at Aug 10, 2007 at 8:06 am
    try giving -W parameter to psql command.

    With Regards
    Ashish...
    I am creating a fail over server and one element of my system is using
    postgresql 8.0. I created a dump of the current DB and I want to
    restore "as is" on the fail over server. On the fail over I am using
    the command "psql -U <username> < <sql script>" to try to restore the
    the DB but when I press enter it does not ask me for my password and
    goes directly to the FATAL error of password is not authenticated.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am following the instructions given
    by our vendor in how to back up and restore the pg DB.

    System Info:
    Win2003 server

    Demian Quiñonez
    Systems Developer