Hello All,

I am trying to create database creation script.
Authentication method in pg_hba.conf is set to 'Password'.

1) I want to create a new user and want to assign a password to it internally (Something like createuser qsweb -P <password>)
2) When script issue command it ask for Superuser password. is there any way to provide this also internally??

Thanks in Advance

With Regards
Ashish....

Search Discussions

  • Oliver Elphick at Jun 5, 2007 at 3:11 pm

    I am trying to create database creation script.
    Authentication method in pg_hba.conf is set to 'Password'.

    1) I want to create a new user and want to assign a password to it
    internally (Something like createuser qsweb -P <password>)
    2) When script issue command it ask for Superuser password. is there
    any way to provide this also internally??
    You can put it in a .pgpass file in your home directory :
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html
    Make sure the permissions are 0600.

    Or (not recommended for security reasons) you can set and export the
    environment variable PGPASSWORD.
    --
    Oliver Elphick olly@lfix.co.uk
    Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 5, '07 at 1:04p
activeJun 5, '07 at 3:11p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Oliver Elphick: 1 post Ashish Karalkar: 1 post