Hello

I have data in which one of the fields has the following structure for a
single value in the table

'{ { w, {1,2}}, {x, {11,22}},{y, {44,55}},{z, {77,22}} }'

The number of "rows" in the field (i.e., w,x,y z...) will be unknown, but
for each one there will always be a pair of associated values.

I've been trying to figure out how to insert the above example, but so far
have not be able to solve the puzzle. The field is defined as a text array
with two dimensions. I've also in desperation tried three dimensions but to
no avail.

I know that I can simply use
'{ {w, 1, 2}, {x, 11, 22},{y, 44, 55},{z, 77, 22} }'
but I would like to keep the two numbers as a logical unit.

Thank you.

david

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql