Hi,

I have a custom written script to selectively restore tables to a database.
The script usually works with no problem, but the last two times, I am getting the following error for some tables. Rest of the tables get restored successfully.

pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected 1, got 0

This is the restore command in the script file
pg_restore -e -v -U $USER -d $DBNAME -t $table $data_file 2>> $LOGFILE

I use Postgres dump version 8.0.4 of a 7.3.2 database to create the data/schema dump files. The restore is with version 8.1.3.

Looks like the data file is corrupted, but am not sure. Any information on what could be causing the problem would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Saranya

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.

Search Discussions

  • Tom Lane at Nov 8, 2006 at 7:35 pm

    Saranya Sivakumar writes:
    pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected 1, got 0
    This is the restore command in the script file
    pg_restore -e -v -U $USER -d $DBNAME -t $table $data_file 2>> $LOGFILE
    Can you put together a small self-contained test case demonstrating this
    behavior? It sounds like a bug to me.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 8, '06 at 3:31p
activeNov 8, '06 at 7:35p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Saranya Sivakumar: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post