These are probably quite silly questions:

1. Can Postgres initiate any communication to client side?

2. Is there a way to run a timer to fire a trigger in a database in
postgres?

Thanx

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Kretschmer at Jun 1, 2006 at 6:10 pm

    Alex du Plessis schrieb:

    These are probably quite silly questions:

    1. Can Postgres initiate any communication to client side?
    IIRC: no. For what reason do you need this? We have LISTEN/NOTITY, is
    this a solution?
    2. Is there a way to run a timer to fire a trigger in a database in
    postgres?
    No, but we have tools like CRON for such jobs. And, a TRIGGER is fired
    on INSERT or UPDATE or DELETE, but not on a specific time.

    Andreas
    unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
    "If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknow)
    Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 1, '06 at 5:57p
activeJun 1, '06 at 6:10p