Hi,

I created a plpgsql function in pgAdmin III and it will insert a record into a table. I am not ready to test it with my App. Can I test it first with pgAdmin III Query window? What would be the syntax to test it?

My function is myuser_insert(varchar, varchar)

I tried

Execute myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');

But not working. ERROR: prepared statement "myuser_insert" does not exist

Thanks for any help.

---------------------------------

  • Jaime Casanova at Nov 23, 2005 at 3:26 pm

    I created a plpgsql function in pgAdmin III and it will insert a record into
    a table. I am not ready to test it with my App. Can I test it first with
    pgAdmin III Query window? What would be the syntax to test it?

    My function is myuser_insert(varchar, varchar)

    I tried

    Execute myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');

    But not working. ERROR: prepared statement "myuser_insert" does not exist

    Thanks for any help.
    use "select myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');" instead

    --
    Atentamente,
    Jaime Casanova

    Charles

    Jaime Casanova wrote:
    I created a plpgsql function in pgAdmin III and it will insert a record into
    a table. I am not ready to test it with my App. Can I test it first with
    pgAdmin III Query window? What would be the syntax to test it?

    My function is myuser_insert(varchar, varchar)

    I tried

    Execute myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');

    But not working. ERROR: prepared statement "myuser_insert" does not exist

    Thanks for any help.
    use "select myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');" instead

    --
    Atentamente,
    Jaime Casanova
    (DBA: DataBase Aniquilator ;)

    TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 23, '05 at 3:22p
activeNov 23, '05 at 4:03p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Charles Bai: 2 posts Jaime Casanova: 1 post