Hello, I am having problems connecting to postgreSQL from my JSP page.
I have followed the instructions from other mailing lists and have
started the DB with postmaster with the -i option. Also, the
postgresql.conf, I have set the parameter

tcpip_socket = true
and
port=5432

When I try to connect, I just dont get a connection object.
My working environment is:

-Red Hat Linux
-postgreSQL 7.3
-Java 1.4
-Tomcat 4.1.27

I have runned out of options, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Rene

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

Search Discussions

  • Eduardo V. Rodríguez at Jun 10, 2004 at 5:12 pm
    If you use the correct path from installation postgres should be found in
    path

    /usr/local/pgsql/

    where resides a directory called "data"

    Inside that directory there is a file called pg_hba.conf which contains
    whose hosts permissions are granted.

    Check if local connections are allowed, or if you are not connecting from
    the same host in which the database resides, check the permissions for the
    range of ip adress you are connecting of.

    I have the same problem with Perl modules, I dont know if Postgres need a
    module for Java, but if it needs a module for Java check the installation
    process, specially if you have to register an environment variable. like
    POSTGRES_INCLUDE or POSTGRES_LIB, that works for me.

    Hope can help you

    Eduardo Vazquez

    Hello, I am having problems connecting to postgreSQL from my JSP page.
    I have followed the instructions from other mailing lists and have
    started the DB with postmaster with the -i option. Also, the
    postgresql.conf, I have set the parameter

    tcpip_socket = true
    and
    port=5432

    When I try to connect, I just dont get a connection object.
    My working environment is:

    -Red Hat Linux
    -postgreSQL 7.3
    -Java 1.4
    -Tomcat 4.1.27

    I have runned out of options, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Rene

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm