I successfully created my first db, a table and some data with psql
7.3.6. However, I can't access the information_schema. In psql I tried
queries like

SELECT * FROM information_schema.columns
SELECT * FROM information_schema.tables

but I get the error message that information_schema wouln't exist.

* Do I have to activate them?
* I don't think it's because of my permissions.
* I use psql 7.3.6.
* How could I list all availabel schemas?
* How do I access information_schema stuff?

Search Discussions

  • Stephan Szabo at Apr 26, 2004 at 6:58 pm

    I successfully created my first db, a table and some data with psql
    7.3.6. However, I can't access the information_schema. In psql I tried
    queries like

    SELECT * FROM information_schema.columns
    SELECT * FROM information_schema.tables

    but I get the error message that information_schema wouln't exist.

    * Do I have to activate them?
    * I don't think it's because of my permissions.
    * I use psql 7.3.6.
    * How could I list all availabel schemas?
    * How do I access information_schema stuff?
    IIRC, information_schema was added in 7.4.

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 24, '04 at 10:13a
activeApr 26, '04 at 6:58p